Monday 14 December 2009

There is Awesome in All of Us

Hello Hello Everyone

And Welcome all well...6 of you? I have 6 followers on my other blog so perhaps you'll join me on my awesome new blog? Anyway, welcome friends and foes to my Spin Off Blog "Things That Make Me Awesome". Why have I decided that such a blog is necessary? Well beside the obvious reason...all the awesomeness that I expel...I felt I needed a space to air my awesomeness to the world when the Status Update on Facebook just doesn't seem to be enough. I felt I needed to create a blog of this nature to make you, my lovely blogging follower folks, feel better about the awesomeness in yourself. I am of course talking about the silliness, the clumsiness, the forgetfulness, the weirdness and therefore the AWESOMENESS that lives in all of us. These traits can be hard for you to embrace. Fear of being mocked or shunned lurk in all shadows of awesome behaviour, but I have no fear of my awesomeness bringing humiliation in my life. I feel that this state, this delightful personality panache that I possess makes others feel better about themselves. For example, a few weeks back when I announced that my awesomeness knows no bounds in regards to managing to smash myself in the face with a full jug of milk, those of you who read this on my status update probably felt a warm, satisfactory glow of "Better her then me" or "Wow...and I thought I was a klutz" or "Oh, I am so happy I'm not the only one who does these kinds of things!". So you see, through my awesomeness, you felt better about yourself and really, that is what this blog will be about...Giving your a chance to learn to love and cherish your own awesomeness by chortling over the silly things I do, delighting in the ridiculous things I say or laughing (or grimacing) at the daily damage I seem to be able to inflict upon myself with great ease and no dexterity. In other words celebrating the THINGS THAT MAKE ME AWESOME.

I'll begin by diving right into a tale of wonder and glory. On Saturday night, my husband and I attended his work Christmas party at the pub. Sean only recently started at this work place so I was feeling particularly nervous as I didn't know anyone. Grinding my teeth becomes the bad habit of the night at events such as this as I swim through waves of nerves and awkwardness, trying desperately to think of SOMETHING to say. I was sitting at a table with Sean and some of his work folk, who were all very nice by the way, when I felt an itching on my throat. I thought, "Oh my...don't tell me..."and I reached up to the top of the front of my sweater and felt the tag. Yes people, I, in my infinite awesomeness, had worn my sweater BACKWARDS to my husbands Christmas party. Oh ya. I must have had it on for over an hour and not even cluded in. However, it's not so bad...the sweater is very high at the back and front and is black so no stitching of the tag is not terribly obvious. But still...I felt a tad foolish. It did however, take my mind off my nervousness for a bit as I sat there basking in my awesomeness until I got a chance to go to the washroom and switch'er the right way around.

And I have to tell you, this unfortunately is a family trait. My Gramma OFTEN not only put her sweaters and sweat shirts on backwards, BUT inside out as well. A true gift of awesomeness. It seems to have skipped my mother, and I as you have just read do manange to do this from time to time.(Just the backwards though...not the inside out. I still have yet to achieve that level of clothing awesomeness.) And my daughter is fantasticly gifted in this area and often puts her sweaters and shirts on backwards. It's a thing of beauty, this awesome ability to just miss the tag and pull'er on willy nilly. In my daughter's defence though, the tags these days are often stamped on and hard to miss so really...it could happen to anyone...AND you know sometime, putting your shirt on backwards is for the best! I have a tank top that is super comfy, fits great, BUT is way to low for my taste when worn the right way around. So, awesome solution by Cin...I wear it backwards. Modesty intact, tank top and money not wasted. I know, I know...awesome.

And that wraps up this first post of my new blog. If you're ever feeling down or ridiculous about something you've said or done, come on my and check this out; I'll have no doubt done something pretty sweetly awesome and you'll leave this blog feeling better about yourself.

Until the next time,
I remain
Cin-fully Awesome.

3 comments:

DaveR said...

While I may debate your claim to "Cin-Fully Awesome" at a later date, today I'll give a big old-fashioned Roger Ebert thumbs up for the new bloggage.

Backwards sweaters never happen to me, I wear hoodies.

wendy said...

another thumbs up!
oddly enough, i have one shirt that i have been wearing a lot lately, and just discovered that i have been wearing it inside out the whole time! the stitching is supposed to be on the outside...there is no tag, but the tag is embossed (?) on the back, and recently someone noted that i had it inside out...i denied it...and then got home and looked closer, and yes, i am awesome!

Anonymous said...

Wendy...that is all kinds of sweet! Thanks for sharing your awesomenisity with us.